This weeks Sunday 5
1. Her sippy cup, full of water. She hadn’t done this before. The result was a nice wet bed and baby in the morning, not because of a spill per se…oh, we’ll just call it a baby leak.
2. A pair of shoes. This might not seem all that weird until I mention that she was only wearing one of them. Where was the other you ask? It was in her hand, she held it up next to her cheek and cuddled with it.
3. Her hat, on her head. I don’t know if she thinks she might be getting some sun in the night or what but she started to throw a fit if we even moved to take it off her head. She is crazy about her hat, I will cover this obsession more later so stay tuned next week.
4. An old car seat toy that has a rattle and used to play music but now doesn’t have the battery power to play much more than a note or two. Stinky put her to bed so I didn’t know she had it until she kind of rolled over onto it and kept hitting the button with her butt resulting in little bursts of music from her crib. It might just be me but I don’t think it was very sleep conducive because she woke up. I wonder if she regretted the decision to bring the noisy plastic toy to bed with her?
5. An umbrella. No I am not joking the kid went to bed with an umbrella, we fished it out after she fell asleep but she wouldn’t let go of it when we put her down. She has since carried the umbrella out to the car with her and enjoys holding it during car rides.
All of this asserting her Independence is great and all but if this trend continues who knows what she’ll be bring to bed with her in the future…books? Tupperware? pork chops?