I am mommy to a smart, beautiful and funny little girl ,Madeline and wife to a loving, intelligent, hard-working and goofy husband Luke. I have the privilege of staying home with Madeline and watching her grow and change and learn everyday. In other words life is good…so why blog?
First of all let me start off by saying that there really is nothing cooler, better or more fulfilling than being a mom. With that said I have a few confessions to make:
1. I pray for the day that I will once again be able to pee without a little one trying to climb onto my lap.
2. Although I love our cloth diapers I do not enjoy washing them.
3. I have no idea what I am doing sometimes. At times I am just wingin’ it.
4. It never ceases to amaze me that as soon as I figure out one of my jobs as a mom a new one gets thrown on my plate.
5. I feel that “Mommy” is just a portion of who I am.
Now let me explain. Since my daughter was born a little over a year ago my list of titles has also grown to include family accountant, maid, cook, entertainer, laundress, personal shopper and errand runner, gardener, nanny, and COO (Chief Organizational Officer). Like so many other moms out there I have learned that the title of Mom quickly evolves and changes to incorporate more and more subtitles. These titles along with their respective jobs keep me busy and definitely have their place, BUT it was never my intention to be completely consumed by motherhood. This blog is my attempt to grow and learn and achieve some sort of balance between my most important title, Mom, (along with all of those pesky subtitles) and my original title, Catherine.