1. Peas: I am a big time pea lover. Big. Time. Frozen peas have a much better flavor than canned peas so I try to have some on hand to add to pastas, soups, stews and as a quick side dish.
2. Corn: Frozen corn is awesome. (I actually like to eat straight out of the freezer, its sweetness makes it like a little frozen treat.) I add frozen corn to just about anything, slow cooker meals, pasta, soup, stew, pizza (yes I said pizza), and breads.
3. Spinach: I love spinach in my scrambled eggs, meatloaf, pasta, soups, stews, meat sauces, and more. By adding a little bit of frozen chopped spinach to whatever I am cooking I get a nice touch green and health benefits too!
4. Pumpkin: Remember my Pumpkin Week last October? If you like pumpkin you should check out my yummy pumpkin recipes here.
5. Sliced Mixed Peppers and Onions: frozen sliced peppers and onions are perfect for throwing into a last minute stir fry or sauce.
7. Ground Beef
8. Bread: I usually bake a bread two loaves at a time so that there is always loaf in the freezer for those weeks when I just don’t get around to baking.
9. Bananas: Banana bread. Enough said.
10. Berries: Usually blueberries, sometimes raspberries or strawberries.