We grill a lot year round but in the summer we seem to grill at least every other night. When we grill we try to grill as much of the meal as possible because after all what could be better than meal full delicious food without having to wash pots and pans afterward. Grilled corn is great with every meal but we especially like it with our very favorite burgers.
Here is how we grill up our favorite summer side:
1. Cut off excess silk hanging from the end and remove loose husks. I like to leave about 2 layers of husk covering the cob. If you like a more charred cob peel off more of the husk. Don’t worry about peeling back the husk and pulling of the silk because it comes of much easier after cooked.
2. Heat grill to medium high heat. You can tell if your grill is at medium high heat if you can hold your hand five inches above the heat source for three to five seconds.
3. Soak cobs in sink full of water for 5 minutes. This will help to keep your husks from completely burning up and add a bit of moisture for cooking.I like to place a plate over the cobs to make sure they are totally submerged in the water. When you remove the corn from the water it is a good idea to shake the excess water from the cob before grilling.
4. Place cobs on grill for 10-15 minutes turning every 2-3 minutes. The husks will brown and char just continue to turn the cobs to make sure that they cook evenly. (We generally have luck if we through the corn on with whatever meat we are cooking that night for dinner and cook them for the same length of time.)
6. Garnish as you like and enjoy!
As always, I am happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
Other Evolving Mommy Recipes you might enjoy: