5 little reasons I love getting to the gym early in the morning.
I have been working on changing my pattern from night owl to early bird in the last month or so. Thus far I love it. One reason, is getting my work outs taken care of in the morning. There are dozens of reasons that people work out in the morning, here are five of mine.
1. The other people at the gym in the wee hours of the morning are there to get their workout done and get on their way, not to socialize, primp in the mirrored walls and oogle each other. I love that it feels less like a fashion show and more like a gym.
2. I like getting my workout, shower, and breakfast in before anyone else in the house is up. It makes it feel like I have a jump start on the day.
3. I feel more focused in my morning workouts and as a result I have been able to push myself harder, because I know there is a time limit and I have to get home by a certain time so that Luke can go to work.
4. A morning workout helps keep my eating in line throughout the day. I seem to naturally gravitate towards healthier foods on days when I’ve worked out first thing. I have also noticed that I drink more water through the day too. Win-win, right?
5. If I hit the gym early on Saturday and Sunday there is almost no one there which means I have the ability to move from freely from area to area without having to wait for weights, cardio machines or floor mats. Sweet!
and a bonus reason I like working out in the morning…
I can indulge in a glass of wine with dinner every once in a while because I not just arriving home from the gym or just about to head out to the gym.
See dragging my sleepy booty out of bed in the morning is so so worth it, on so many levels.