I’ve got parenting on the brain. You could say I am over-analyzing my parenting. This week I have five great anedotes on different aspects of parenting. Authors of these posts touched my heart, or my brain or both. They had me shaking my head in agreement, recalling some of my moments as a mom, laughing or moved to tears. I’m not the only one who worries, loves with abandon, feels over powering emotions and gets riled up over things. Thankfully.
5 Little Things: The Parenting Edition
1. Rachel had me laughing and shaking my head in agreement. As mother’s it’s our job to provide our children with the encouragement to dream to be whatever they want when they grow up. But is that encouragement unlimited and open to any occupation they dream of?
2. Ryan had me all riled up ready to go to battle against the pink princess army. My favorite line? “I hate that as parents we are put in the position to look like assholes for saying no to things that just aren’t good for them.” Preach on Ryan, Preach on.
3. Jen’s Hard Day at Work had me in tears wanting to rush to Maddy and hug her and love her and never let her grow up. Sometimes as parents we have all the power and sometimes we have none. Either way I’m scared of the possibilities.
4. I am in constant awe of Heather’s ability to turn her feelings into words strung beautifully together and tug at my heart. Sweet new babies can be hard, and is okay to say it. Parenting can be hard and it is okay to feel that. As long as we remember the hard times pass.
5. We all over-analyze things right? Well, Kelcey’s over-analyzing led her to the wrong conclusion and had me laughing. Now to remember not everything is a judgment and might instead be a compliment.
Did you come across any great parenting pieces this week? Share them with me!