You all know my love of sweets and treats and all things delicious. It’s a love that is strong and true. Today’s guest post is brought to you buy the lovely ladies over at Sugar Loco who have been working overtime this summer taste testing, sampling, touring and slaving over the sangria pitcher. Luckily we all get to reap the benefits of their hard work.
It’s that time of year – you might be finding yourself lingering in front of the frozen food isle a little longer than you should or thrusting your chest into the frozen pizza chest, seeking any way possible to stay cool. Sugar Loco has some solutions for the adults and the kiddos to stay chill during the major heat waves of the summer (which might I remind you is only half way over – UGH).
- Take a tour – A factory tour is a great way to get out of the heat, and many tours are FREE! We can guarantee the kiddos won’t complain of being bored when they learn the ins and outs of how candy is made. Here is our list of sweet factory tours to take across the US – click here
- Make something – I know you don’t want to heat up the kitchen with your oven by baking, so how about make some Homemade Creamsicles? The kids will have fun helping…you eat them. Click here for the recipe
- Or for the adults, how about trying out a new Sangria recipe? Tracy & Jenny battled out their Sangria recipes – you decide which you like best. Sangria Showdown
- Have a major sweet tooth, but prefer to purchase rather than make? A must try flavor on our summer sweets list is Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato…Need I say more.
- Enjoy sweets, but can’t stand those pesky calories? Try an Arctic Zero 85 calorie bar. I’m serious, they’re GOOD! They’re made of Whey Protein and raw organic cane sugar, none of that fake stuff.
- “Treat” yourself to a night out. We’ve got a list of restaurants, by city, and their BEST desserts to indulge in. Go see if your favorite city is listed and just have dessert. It’s a quick night out and inexpensive (babysitter for 1-2 hours is cheap-o!).
We’re always seeking the best dessert finds, so stay in touch with us!