I was thinking last night as I was laying in bed withing for sleep to come about evolution. My thought when picking evolution or evolving as a sort of theme for this blog was to focus on a mom’s constantly changing job, personal growth, and finding balance between “Mommy” and “Me.” But as I lay there in dark next to my husband that seems to be able to fall asleep before he is even fully in bed I couldn’t help but think about the more popular definition of evolution: changing for survival, or survival of the fittest. So here is my wish list for ways that I would like to evolve to make my life as a mom easier. I guess this list is akin to a super-power wish list but with a twist.
1. Four arms and hands. I think this one explains itself and I don’t think it is too much to ask for. If evolution gives an animal spots for survival then I should get 2 sets of arms.
2. Normal functioning on a few hours of sleep, without the aid of caffeine. Who decided that 8 hours of sleep an efficient use of time? I could get so much more done if my body didn’t demand 8 hours to function and 9 to function without caffeine.
3. Stealthy ability. I would like be able to walk into the bathroom without everyone in the house noticing and either following me in or suddenly needing my immediate attention. All I ask for is like 2 and a half minutes people! I am not sure how my body could evolve to include this ability but I am sure mother nature could come up with something.
4. Ultra-selective hearing. I would like to be able to block out the incessant noise coming from a variety of toys throughout my house while still being able to hear what Monkey is up to.
5. Stretch Armstrong arms. Some of you may remember the Stretch Armstrong bendy stretchy toy, my little brother had one. Instead of wishing to be able to be in two places at once, I just wish that I could stand in the kitchen making dinner and have the ability to stretch an arm out the back door to push the lawn mower around the yard at the same time.
Looking through this list I don’t feel it is unreasonable to wish for any of these abilities/changes, but who am I to judge I’m just a mom trying to get everything done. Feel free to add to this list by leaving a comment if you have some special evolutionary ideas for Mother Nature.