Cute little Valentine’s Day crafts are so fun. We like crafting around Valentine’s Day in this household. I guess the month of love brings out the crafty side of us. A cute little Valentine’s Day mouse craft might just be the most adorable way to give a little love this holiday. I would tell you that I think my favorite part of this Valentine’s Day mouse is his cute little tail, but it might be that this cute Valentine’s Day craft can also be a card and a treat holder, although my favorite part might be the cute little heart shaped ears.
It’s he a cutie?
This sweet little Valentine’s Day themed craft could be just a fun activity or it could be turned into valentines to give out to friends or family.
Supplies Needed to Make a Valentine’s Day Mouse
Construction paper (at least 2 colors)
White school glue
How to Make this Valentine’s Day Mouse Craft
1. Fold 1 sheet of construction paper in half and cut out a heart. This large heart will be with body of the Valentine mouse when folded in half the point will be the nose and the rounded end will be the behind. Cut out two small hearts. One slightly larger in a color different that the body color and one slightly smaller to make the outside and of the mouse’s ear.
2. Shape one end of the pipe cleaner into a small heart, and then bend the rest of the pipe cleaner into a slight curve.
3. Lay the large heart so that it is open like a book and using the scotch tape secure the straight end of the pipe cleaner into the fold of the rounded end of the heart. The pipe cleaner will be the mouse’s tail. Glue the edge of the heart together leaving the curved end unglued to make a pocket to hold a Valentine’s Day goodie if you would like.
4. Lay the large glued heart with the straight edge along the bottom. Use the black marker to color corner to make a nose and draw on whiskers. Glue an eye onto the mouse about an inch or two from the nose. Glue the two hearts for the ear together and then glue the ear about an inch or two from the eye.
4. Once all of the glue is dry you can flip the mouse over and write a note or a simple “to and from” on the back if you are using your Valentine Mouse as a Valentine’s Day card. You can also use the mouse as a sort of treat holder and place a goodie inside if you would like.
I can think of so many fun treats that would work with these mice valentine’s. Stickers, suckers, tattoos. What treats would you give out in you Valentine’s Day mice?