Spring. Easter. Sunshine. Flowers blooming. It is definitely a cute little rabbit time of year.
R is for rabbit and coincidentally the letter R makes for some terribly cute rabbits.
Supplies needed for Rabbit Rs:
- Construction paper with a Capital and lowercase R drawn in block letters
- Pom poms in pink, white, gray or brown (for noses and tails)
- Rabbit fur colored crayons, (brown, gray, white, and black are good)
- Brown, black, or white pipe cleaner cut into about 2 inch pieces (each R pages needs 4 whiskers for each r)
- Construction paper in a coordinating color with ears drawn on, each R page needs 2 sets of ears
- googly eyes
Step 1: Color in the Rs with crayon.
Step 2: Cut out ears. Glue a set of ears onto the very top of both the upper case R and the lower case r.
Step 3: Glue eyes onto the rabbits. The upper case R rabbit gets two eyes inside of the top part of the letter R and the lower case r rabbit is in profile so it gets one at the top of the r.
Step 4: Using pom poms glue on the rabbit’s noses and tails. The lower case r rabbit’s nose goes on the tip of the lower case r.The upper case R rabbits nose goes just below it’s eyes, at the top of the R. The tails go on the backside of both the lower and upper case Rs.
Step 5: Glue on four pipe cleaner pieces onto each r rabbits face coming from their noses. The whiskers should look like little v’s coming out from both noses.
Step 6: Let the R rabbits lay flat to dry and allow them to dry thoroughly before moving or hanging up.