It’s time for some Sunday 5 action and this week was full lessons or reminders of previously learned lessons. I feel smarter after this weeks lessons. I also feel more tired than I was when the week started.
1. Do not under any circumstances buy fat free cream cheese. That stuff is like rubber and if you’re trying to make a quick cream cheese frosting you will fail, miserably. I repeat even if there is a lady blocking all of the cream cheese at the grocery store and taking her sweet time when you are just-trying-to-get-your-shopping-finished-already do not settle for the fat free cream cheese crap.
2. Passive aggressive behavior is annoying and doesn’t solve anything. People, use your words.
3. When your child poops in their pants do not just clean them up and assume they are finished. Set that kid on the potty and double check they are finished. It sucks to clean up 2 sets of poopy pants within 10 minutes.
4. When selecting a paint color for your front door, check, double check and then triple check to make sure that your color is right. Also I would suggest actually closing the door and looking at the color against the exterior of your house once you have started painting. I would not suggest sanding and painting your way through 3 coats only to realize the color you chose is way off and then having to start over again.
5. Before you plant your garden full of lovely veggies, flowers and herbs check the weather report for as far out as you can. Then check it again. It’s is that second check that is most important as weather seems to change quickly. Snow happens when you were sure it would not.
Bonus: Sometimes when you are sleep walking in the middle of the night and you turn on the bedroom light, even though you think your husband is really irked that you have turned on the light and woke him up he really isn’t. For example he might glare at you say something to the effect of “What are you doing?! Why is the light on? What are you doing with the light on?!” he probably will not remember the death stare, the clearly annoyed remarks or the light being turned on at all.
Which is a good thing if you are a sleep walker like me, because the guilt you are feeling in the middle of the night for your sleep walking behavior will disappear completely when you realize that wasn’t actually all that memorable!