5 Reason’s Why He’s Not the Man I Married
I love my husband but he just isn’t the same man…
1. He watches football. When we started dating he could care less about sports, now he’ll watch random teams play, by himself! He pays attention and talks back to the TV, too! Whats up with that, since when does he care if they got the 2 point conversion or not?!
2. Whole wheat what?! I used to force him to eat wheat bread, once he decided that he didn’t just want to consume a ton of calories everyday but he wanted those calories to be healthy suddenly wheat bread, veggies and the like were yummy. The same guy that is now all about lean protein, steamed veggies, and brown rice used to sandwich 2 Totino’s pizza’s together and eat them for part of a meal. I was once the healthier eater and now he puts me to shame…but as we have already covered I have no willpower!
3. His clothes fit him. There has been a slow and consistent fashion change on Luke’s part from baggier pants, and DC shoes to boot cut Banana Republic pants, brown leather Clarks’ and nicely fitted polo shirts. He is so hard core in his chinos!
4. His hair is short. When I say short I mean buzzed on the second lowest setting. This means that we cut his hair at home, when I first met him his hair would still have been considered short but not clean cut and he went to a salon too! (not your average Fantastic Sams but an actual salon.) What a girly man!
5. He has replaced his car obsession. Don’t get me wrong he still loves cars but his goal of owning a certain “super hot” car by the time is was 25 fell along the wayside…he now just wants the “hottest” camera equipment. In this case the expensive nature of his obsessions hasn’t changes just the focus.
So in fairness I thought I would do a bonus 5 little things:
5 Reasons Why He is Still the Man I Married.
1. He can Rock the house! He can play the drums like no ones business. I loved listening to him drum when we first met and and although he doesn’t play them as often as he used to I still love it, even when it is just on the steering wheel.
2. His still thinks weird noises and bathroom humor are hilarious. In other words his sense of humor is the same. He always makes me laugh…or at least smile before I roll my eyes.
3. He is happy to do all the heavy lifting. He’ll carry in all the grocery bags or carry Monkey in the backpack without complaint.
4. He is still my personal heater. He never complains when I stick my feet underneath him to warm up my toes when we are sitting together on the couch. He must really love me, the only other person that lets me do this is my sister. (she pretty darn great too!)
5. He still has a great big heart. He treats people with respect and caring. He always thinks of others’ feelings and he is always willing to help. It might be the Boy Scout in him or the Southern up bringing but my husband has a heart of gold…I am a lucky lady!